How to Do Photo Skin Retouching in Photoshop?January 28, 2017
Quick Guide on Removing the Background in PhotoshopApril 5, 2017
Clipping path is a well known method to cut out the images from their backgrounds and giving a different backdrop. If you want to create a beautiful image, use clipping path as it makes the areas of the image visible and transparent according to the need. Basically, clipping path is used to draw an outline or shape around an object.
Steps on how to create clipping path:
- Open the image in Photoshop that you want to create clipping path on.
- Now navigate to Pen Tool in the tools palette and select Paths from the menu bar located underneath.
- Now go the edge of the image and drag the mouse pointer to draw an outline. Go further by clicking on the appropriate distance and complete drawing around the image. Once when done, an O symbol will appear telling that you have reached to the end. Now close the path by clicking on that O.
- Now go to the Path palette and double click on the Work path. Now is the time to save the path as Path 1.
- A pop-up menu will appear where you need to select Clipping Path. Here you have to choose the flatness level and desired path. Fill in the details and click OK. If you like the image edges to look blur, then add the flatness value or else leave it blank to get sharp edges.
- You are done! Now save the file in the appropriate format like PSD or TIFF. That’s all!